Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average

Back in Business (for real this time!)

tyzoid Offline
Administrator

Back in Business (for real this time!)
Alright, new server, new beginnings (kind of). The metropolis network project has been on standby for quite some time, given that I'm finishing up my last year at university, and haven't been playing for a long while, and certainly not enough to allow me to properly run the server. This has continued for some time, and I recognize that I cannot do this alone. A few years back, I tried to revive the network by bringing on Cardcha, who did some amazing work helping me rebuild the network, then mysteriously disappeared.

Since then, I've changed hosts, and I created a new map, with a new spawn and structure. A (mostly) vanilla server with some small additions. However, in my inactivity, the server has been lying unused for a long period of time. So, in trying to make this server better and more active, I have recruited two new administrators, xXGForceGamingXx and RKAviatorHackerX, to help me achieve the mission of bringing the server back into it's glory days, and reviving the metropolis network project.

I've been working for the past few days getting various things fixed up: installing anti-griefing plugins, adding a server shop in the basement at spawn, revamped the economy, and more. None of this could have been possible without the help of my new admins, so my sincere gratitude goes out toward their continued support of the server and the network.

What we need now, is players, and this is where you come in. Currently we are only running one server (whereas we had run up to 4 at some points in the past). My vision is still to create a network of servers and a warm community around them. What would these servers be? A few ideas:
  • Creative
  • Town/Faction server
  • Minigames
  • PvP/PvE
  • and more (You decide!)

None of this will be possible without you, as part of the community, so once we get 20 new active members, I'll post a poll on what server type we want next.

For now, though, welcome! My admins and I extend our thanks for being a part of this.

Side note
I have received a few questions about potentially becoming an admin or donating to the server. Currently, we do not need donations or additional admins, as our community is quite small, but as we grow, and start to open more servers, we will need additional support. Stay tuned for more information about this, and a large thank you for the willingness to jump in and help.
28 Aug 2016 04:39 PM